Login |  Register |  FAQ

Tips from the Pro's/ Veteran Players

Post subject: Tips from the Pro's/ Veteran Players
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 5:38 am 
Major General
Major General

At one time Lebanon promised a few tips to help people with their game in RT1, but he never delivered. When I first started in RT1, that would have been very helpful in my case, and now that we have a new and improved game in RT2, it's high time that some of the veteran players give up some helpful input for the new players. Well, only if you want to ofcourse, but personally I don't mind at all if a new player asks me something that I can help with. If you are a new player- my suggestions are:
1.Practice as much as you can with all of the weapons and try to master all of them.

2.Start with matches that only have a few people and stay away from 16 players to begin with.

3.Join and read the forums and look for any helpful information to improve your connection and improve your knowledge of the game in general(clans,etc.).

I don't want to hog all the good suggestions that other players may have, so please contribute if you can. Remember when you first started? The new players we have now may be some awesome veterans down the road.Thank you for reading this and best wishes to the new players.

Post subject: Re: Tips from the Pro's/ Veteran Players
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:18 pm 
Major
Major

Good idea.

I disagree with your #1 tip. There is no point in mastering all the weapons, pick the best ones, so for rifles that would be acr, ak12, ar-15, ak-mod, pick the one you prefer.

Ok, now for the important part. Here are the two most important tips for a beginner:

-Learn crosshair placement
Have your crosshair always where an enemy might be at head level. This is very important. Never look at the ground when not fighting.

-Turn down the sensitivity
Important to hit accurate shots. I have it as low as 7 and 3.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:02 pm 
Captain
Captain

I always used to scroll to look for the weapon I needed. That took way too long and got me killed often. Now I use the keys: q, e, 1 and 2 as my personal weapon keys.
For example:
- q = knife (for fast close combat).
- e = snipe (my most used weapon).
- 1 = assault rifle (for when I miss with snipe or out of ammo).
- 2 = grenade (for if you see a good opportunity).

(I also use 3 for pistol but mostly I scroll to find pistol as i don't use it very often).

So basically try to find where your fingers have the best acces to your most prefered weapon and personolise your settings a bit. That way you will play in a more efficient way and you will be able to kill faster when your ammo runs out.

[Faceless] Master - Recruitment Thread - Clan War Thread

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:38 pm 
Major General
Major General

One thing I know almost everyone can agree on is : Don't run away from a challenge-I'm not talking about getting stuck in a spawn trap or playing in a match that you aren't going to gain any knowledge from, just a normal challenge. Please add what you think is a good tip, thank you for participating.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:51 am 
Colonel
Colonel

MwF0's "pro" guide:

Tip #1:

Do NOT repeek. Find another angle to kill your target from. Repeeking is very predictable and will most likely get you killed.

Tip #2:

This goes hand in hand with no repeeking. Don't be predictable. Change your route as often as possible. This tip is a lot easier in smaller maps such as Hangar & Storage. This way you can surprise your enemy and thus you have a larger chance of getting the kill.

Tip #3:

Be highly observant of your surroundings. Just seeing a flash of an enemy player can give you the advantage. This way you can, once again, catch the enemy off guard.

Tip #4:

Good aim is very important! Use a fairly low sensitivity(I use 16-20/6-7) and keep your crosshair at the height of the enemy's head. This way you can kill off the enemy even before they get to react. Hitting the head is a fair bit harder than hitting the body but once you get fairly consistent at it you'll be kicking ass.

Tip #5:

Don't pubstomp like an absolute cuck, you'll get shat on on the forums.

Profile: :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:17 am 
Major General
Major General

Thank you Mwf0, good tips, and yeah pubstomping happens to be very common and yes I'm guilty of it, but almost everybody does it at least some. I was hoping for even more tips from the other veteran players, well hopefully they will get around to it soon,but again thanks for contributing. Hope to see you on the battlefield bro, best wishes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:32 am 
Colonel
Colonel

badbob4546 wrote:
Thank you Mwf0, good tips, and yeah pubstomping happens to be very common and yes I'm guilty of it, but almost everybody does it at least some. I was hoping for even more tips from the other veteran players, well hopefully they will get around to it soon,but again thanks for contributing. Hope to see you on the battlefield bro, best wishes.

Yeah, we are all guilty of it but we at least try to keep it to a minimal :P

I'm not a Rush Team vet but I'd like to think i'm a fairly decent player with some knowledge of the game ;)

Hopefully we'll see some more activity not only on this thread but the forum in general.

Profile: :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:27 am 
Colonel
Colonel

tip 1: dont rq if someone "better" than you joins a match, most players tend to rq every match where they wont get a 2kd, whereas this match will most likely give you way more skill than a 20 minute spawnrape in slums

tip 2: eat unhealthy and talk a lot of shet, works all the time

tip 3: variate your gameplay and talk shet

tip 4: find the guns YOU prefer, dont use the ak-12 cuz all the "pros" do

tip 5: fifth and foremost, you HAVE to talk a lot of shet (this includes GM's and clanmates because you know more than them ofc)

follow these simple steps and youll becum the rush teamz pro in only 1-2 years, if youre not pro by this time, ill personally paypal you 150 dollars (no scam)

muchos gracias amigos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:19 pm 
Major
Major

1. join a match

2. leave the match

3. close the game

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:32 pm 
Major General
Major General

DusTxREV0LUTI0N wrote:
tip 1: dont rq if someone "better" than you joins a match, most players tend to rq every match where they wont get a 2kd, whereas this match will most likely give you way more skill than a 20 minute spawnrape in slums

tip 2: eat unhealthy and talk a lot of shet, works all the time

tip 3: variate your gameplay and talk shet

tip 4: find the guns YOU prefer, dont use the ak-12 cuz all the "pros" do

tip 5: fifth and foremost, you HAVE to talk a lot of shet (this includes GM's and clanmates because you know more than them ofc)

follow these simple steps and youll becum the rush teamz pro in only 1-2 years, if youre not pro by this time, ill personally paypal you 150 dollars (no scam)

muchos gracias amigos

LOL, thanks bro-I wish we had more players like you that enjoy having a good time and actually enjoying the game. I kinda like the K/D, stats,etc.-but in a way it seems to be too important to some players and they get worried about dropping below a certain number, when the game is simply to have fun with. Thank you for posting bro and I hope to see you out on the battlefield.